Monday, July 21, 2008

Burden

Here's an excerpt from Loving Each Day newsletter that I receive daily...


-----------------
LOVING EACH DAY
-----------------

The
negative attitude says, "Why are people always coming to me and loading
me down with their troubles? Why do I attract them to me?" That
attitude perceives life as a burden, and that is certainly one point of
view.

But other people say, "Thank God I can be of service. I
am here to serve these people on whatever level and in whatever
capacity I can." When we recognize our love of humanity, we do whatever
has to be done to express that love to and with others.



Well, it can't be helped to complain why other people keep on filling us with their problems because at some point we might become tired or annoyed especially if the same problems are repeated over and over and we keep telling them the same piece of advice. However, we must face the fact that there are certain problems that can't be solved easily and it may even be beyond the capacity of the person who's confiding to us. Nobody can tell whether it's permanent or for just a little while.

If it really gets too annoying and the person is becoming so pathetic, then you must face the problem seriously with him/her in order to take a move that can, once and for all, solve it in whatever way that is possible. The solution may not be in anyway solve the problem completely but what's more important is to ease the burden that your friend is carrying.

No comments: