Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things

Tagged by Tweety.
Tagging: Lemuel, ADDU batchmates and schoolmates

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

~+~

01. My mother was born in Samar. My father was born in Davao. I was born here in Manila. =)

02. I have loved dancing ever since the first time I heard dance music. My most memorable performance was during my senior year in high school. We joined an inter-school dance competition. We danced Michael Jackson's concert version of his songs (Billy Jean, Dangerous, and a bit of Smooth Criminal)

03. I was a member of the drum & lyre band of my elementary school. I first played the snare drum but I later on took the bass drum even though I'm not qualified in terms of height and body size. Our coach still allowed me because I think there were no other boys who were willing to carry a heavy drum during parades and contests. Haha!

04. I love fruit salad. I always want to have fruit salad especially during my birthday. I love it more when cheese or mango are added to it.

05. I was religious back in high school, I usually attend a mass before going to school since the cathedral was just nearby. I joined a search-in workshop during my senior year and I almost entered the seminary because of that.

06. I love memorizing numbers. I have memorized my TIN, PHilhealth no., SSS no. and credit card nos. (yes, including AMEX and also their CCV nos.). During my sophomore year in high school, I memorized the Asian countries and their capitals and land areas for a history recitation. Good thing I was asked to recite all Asian countries or else it would have been a total waste.

07. I can vividly remember almost all the things that happened in the past. I can remember my surroundings and what had happened as young as 2 years old.

08. My prediction is true, 80% of the time. I joined a quiz bowl back in college wherein the topics which me and my teammates studied were totally different. During the average round, I called the shots for our answers (multiple choice with 4 choices). We scored 8 out of 10. This is also the reason why my wife won't let me speak when I'm about to say something that is yet to happen.

09. I never had an absence in college, except when I participate in an inter-school competition.

10. I got poisoned when I was more than a year old. I ate the chips that fell on the floor where a raid/baygon got spilled. I was rushed to the hospital when my mom noticed that half of my body is paralyzed.

11. I almost had a sibling when I was in grade 1. My mother had a miscarriage during her first trimester. I was crying in the tricycle on the way home from school. I don't think my grandmom, who accompanied me home, saw me crying.

12. I have acquired a liking to spinning things using my hand or finger(s). I learned how to spin a basketball in grade school. I learned how to spin a notebook or any flat object in high school. I learned how to spin a ballpen in college.

13. I was so active in academic and extra-curricular activities in high school. I was the battalion commander of our batch in CAT in high school

14. I love racing and sports video games. I'd still play and sometimes finish an NFS game even if reviews say it sucks. I play Fifa, Madden, NBA 2k9(nba live

15. During my senior year in high school, I joined a search-in seminar and almost entered the seminary.

16. I was religious in high school. I usually attend mass or pass by the church to pray before going to school. There was once when I was able to attend 3 holy masses in a day. One before going to school, two our school's holy mass and three the perpetual help novena mass, which our school was always the sponsor.

17. I was primarily a lector in our school's ministry club. I'm a choir member when not assigned to read.

18. I didn't know that I was actually influencing my high school circle of friends(boys) in to study hard and not to cheat during exam. And I didn't tell them to do it.

19. I love history and science. I used to dream of becoming a scientist or a doctor.

20. My most memorable dance performance in a group happened during my senior year in high school. We joined an inter-school dance contest and won 1st place. We danced the concert edition of Michael Jackson's songs, which includes Billy Jean, Dangerous and a little bit of Smooth Criminal. But my most memorable dance of all is the dance with my wife during our wedding reception.

21. Blue is my favorite color. I have a set of shirts before that were different shades of blue.

22. I love manga and anime. I was into anime back in high school and college. My manga addiction started in college. I even memorized some anime soundtracks

23. I have lived in the three major islands of the Philippines. 8 years in Manila, 8 years in Digos City, Davao del Sur, 4 years in Davao, 1 year in Cebu and 2 years and counting in Meycauayan.

24. I never had the chance to know my father very well. He resigned from his work in Saudi and brought us to Digos City. 1 year and a half after we transferred and exactly 8 days after my 10th birthday, he died in a vehicular accident. I didn't cry when I saw his body in the hospital. I only cried when he was buried. But ever since that day, I cry or get teary-eyed whenever I think and remember him because I want to know him not just through what my relatives tell me about him.

25. I have a liking to spinning objects with my hand or fingers. I learned how to spin a basketball back in elementary using all my fingers from both hands. I learned how to spin a binder/notebook or any flat object in high school. I learned how to spin a ballpen clockwise and counter-clockwise, but I first learned how to spin it with many rotations.

No comments: