Wednesday, November 22, 2006

sick; drums

i have a cough and tonsilitis right now.. and my eyes just want to close... *sigh.. i hope i can make it through the day. we'll be practicing our dance number too around 6pm..

anyway, me and my teammates had our first band practice for our christmas party's (Nov. 30?!) contest entitled Banda Rito. We'll be playing Narda, Walking on Sunshine, and an original composition which doesn't have a title yet. I'm on the drums and it felt really good to play it. Yeah!!! I missed playing drums. The last time I played it was during our parade in celebration of the Sinulog Festival in Digos City. That was way back 1998, my first year in high school. Last night was my first time to play the drum set. I only use my imagination to practice playing the songs when I'm at home. And boy, Walking on Sunshine was really tough to play. The difficulty is the endurance to play it because of an upbeat tempo. My right foot surrenders because of it.

That's all for now, *cough *cough. I hope this cough won't last for long. I hate cough...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, ayt? heheh...stress lng yan. :D That's also a problem of mine. My right foot gets tired easily when playing the drums. :))especially when it's a fast song.