Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Going Home

This is the poem I wrote way back on May 2005 dedicated to my fiance, Melay


Going Home

here we are in our way to your dorm
i couldn't help but to hold your delicate form
i just want to cherish your overwhelming presence
'coz in a while my heart will
be saddened again by your absence.

we're here at your dorm now at last
a deep sigh within me that don't last
which fills my heart that is so hard to mend
i say my "5 minutes!" to have a seat and to have a chat which i hope will never end.

"5 minutes" then became twenty then thirty
time really flies by when i'm with you baby
you'll say, "uy, lampas ka na ng five minutes, uwi ka na."
"hinahanap ka na sa inyo. marami ka pang gagawin di ba?"

you stand up while i remain seated
you pull me up and i stand up yet hesitated
"cge na, uwi ka na baka tumawag na naman papa mo."
so i'll get up and fix my bag, how i want to stay though.

"bye, ingat," you say with your lovely smile
my heart is so happy and it doesn't want to say goodbye
well, i move closer to give you a hug and a kiss
you gently push me back and say "uhmmmmmmm, hindi ka pa aalis?"

i smile though my heart gives a silent sigh
"ok fine, sa kamay na lang, tsup. tulog ka ng maaga ha. buh-bye."
"tan-awon lang. daghan pa man gud ko ug buhaton. tan-aw sad ko ug tv"
"cge lang... ako man sad basta ayaw lang kaayo pa-gabii."

i turn my back and move on my way
while walking i reach for a sampaguita flower
a flower which has so much to say
of the things about you baby, my lover.

as i touch the petals of this national symbol
i imagine your hands holding mine, making my heart rumble
as i smell it's sweet fragrance i couldn't imagine more
the sweet scent i smell from you that makes me love you even more.

its white color truly describes who you are
from head to toe, definitely you're a white lady from afar.
but what makes you white is not just your skin
your goodness and kindness makes you ivory deep within.

as i travel on my way home holding this sampaguita
i kept on thanking God and saying, "buti na lang nakilala kita."
'coz i don't have to spend my life picking flowers to hold
and to have something special more precious than gold.

2 comments:

mmBacus said...

i was so touched back then. and until now, this poem still puts a big smile on my face...^_^

i was also amazed of how you came up with this poem, and delicately chose the words you used. I just laughed with "white lady from afar", you know that...^_^

But I really appreciate the effort. Loved it. Love you...^_^

JoEmZ said...

thanks baby =)

i can't stop laughing while writing it because i know you'll laugh while reading it because of the words. hehe ^_^